Powering America with Biomass
Biopower Generation arrives in San Francisco as the 10th edition of the International Biopower Generation series.
After a period of slower growth, momentum in the US biomass power industry is gathering again. Despite challenges including federal cuts and questions over emissions and sustainability, new large scale projects are breaking ground, coal plants are being retrofitted and once idle facilities are being regenerated.
State Renewable Portfolio Standards remain a key driver for the future of the sector. However negotiating a power purchase agreement is perhaps the most challenging and important milestone of the project. True to our track record, Biopower Generation will connect you with pro-active utilities to develop relationships crucial to the success of your next project.
With a streamlined focus on overcoming the challenges of new project development and improving the cost effectiveness of existing facilities, the conference will provide two days of case studies, interactive discussions and intensive networking, bringing together biomass producers and suppliers, project developers and constructors, biotechnology and power plant technology, with investors and utilities for 2 days of intensive, focused discussion.
Join us in San Francisco and be a part of the discussions!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rajesh Swaminithan, Executive Director, New Generation, CMS Energy
- Don Vawter, Renewable Energy Originator, Southern California Edison
- Jaisen Mody, General Manager, Generation Projects, Portland General Electric
- Steve Gross, Managing Director, West Region Power Generation, Constellation Energy
- Anders Bisgard, Senior Business Developer, Thermal, Iberdrola Renewables
- Justin DeAngelis, Director, Denham Capital
- Mike Schewel, Chief Executive Officer, Recast Energy
- Louis Bravakis, Executive Vice President,Laidlaw Energy - Read Louis' 60 Second Interview
- Glenn Farris, President,Biomass Gas & Electric
- Bradford Nordholm, Chief Executive Officer,Starwood Energy
- Bob Chaudhuri, Vice President of Business Development, Kiara Solar
- Omar Karar, Senior Associate, Leaf Clean Energy
- Tim Hughes, Director of Biofuels,Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet - Read Tim's 60 Second Interview
- Andrew Johnson, Vice President, TSI
- JD Lindeburg, President, Resource Recycling Systems
- Stan Parton, Manager, Bioenergy Practice, Forest2Market
- Ryan McCarthy,Science and Technology Policy Advisor, Office of the Chair,California Air Resources Board -
Read Ryan's 60 Second Interview
- Bob Doherty, Partner,Renova Capital Partners
- Prab Sethi, Energy Research and Development Division, California Energy Commission*
- Mike Jostrom, Director Renewable Resources,Plum Creek - Read Mike's 60 Second Interview
- Dave O’Connor, Senior Manager, Biomass, EPRI
Why you need to attend
- Meet your buyers - connect with major utility representatives responsible for biomass power purchase and RPS compliance
- Network with prospective buyers and suppliers
- Hear from recent case studies: in a challenging market, how can successes be replicated?
- Secure your feedstock: meet potential suppliers and secure reliable long-term supply contracts
- Hear from investors looking to finance your next project
- Expansion of the highly successful BioPower Generation @ World Biofuels Markets: bringing a core focus on the US biomass power market
- Find out prospects for co-firing and retrofits from companies that have successfully converted coal facilities
Who will you meet?
Past attendees at our International Biopower Generation Series include:
ADAGE • AES • Akuo Energy • Alliant Energy • Alstom Power • American Renewables • Anglesey Aluminium • Asia Renewables • Babcock & Brown GmbH • BP Biofuels • Brazil Biomass & Renewable Energy • Bronzeoak • Caterpillar Inc • CEWEP • CEZ • CH Energy Group • Chartwell Investments II • Chevron Technology Ventures • CHOREN • Clean Energy Group • Climate Change Capital • Cogen • Dalkia • Dedini • Delta Energy • Desmet • Dong Energy • Dow Chemical Company • Drax Power Ltd • EC Bioenergie • EDF • Electrabel • ENECO • Enel • Energy Crops Company • EniPower SpA • Envergent Technologies • Enviro • EOn • ERG • Essent Energy • European Commission • Fortum • Frontline Bioenergy • Frost & Sullivan • Gaia Power • GE • German Energy Agency • GFI Energy Ventures • Global Forest Care • Global Process Systems • Goteborg Energi • Grupo BMG • Guascor • Harbert Power • Helius Energy • HJL- Solutions • International Energy Agency • Intrinergy • Japan Bank for International Cooperation • John Deere • Johnson Matthey • JP Morgan • KEMA • KFW • KMW Energi • Landkom • Man Turbo • McKinsey & Co • MGT Power • Midwest Generation • Mott MacDonald Ltd • Nidera • Nord/LB • Norsk Vekst • NRG • NV Energy • Ontario Power Generation • Organics Group • Ormat • PHILBIO • Poyry Engineering • Prime Energy Development • PROCEDE • Progress Energy • Progressive Energy • ReEnergy Holdings • RWE • Scottish & Southern Energy • Spark Green Energy • Standard Bank • Stirling Danmark • Tractebel Energia • Traverse City Light & Power • UK Trade & Investment • UltraGreen Biomass • US Department of State • Valora • Vapo Oy • Vattenfall • Vecoplan • Veolia • Versa Fuels • Viridas • WasteServ
Date: Oct. 30-31, 2012
Venue: Parc 55 Hotel
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Need more Info:Biopower Generation 2012